The Children’s Discovery Center is happy to accept volunteers. We have flexible hours, variety of opportunities from helping in classroom to working outdoors in the garden.
Volunteering can give you new job experience, as well as a chance to contribute to your community. Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you make new friends, expand your network, and boost your social skills.
All individuals who wish to volunteer must have a current Tuberculosis Test (TB test), and child abuse/neglect Central Registry check. Once the applicant has completed all the requirements the director and applicant will meet to discuss and file an agreement for hours and terms of volunteer service. Volunteers will not be eligible for unemployment and will not be financially reimbursed for their time. The Children’s Discovery Center reserves the right to refuse any applicant throughout the volunteer contract.
Volunteer Job Description
- Assist staff with both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be dependable, punctual and maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Maintain daily open and friendly relationships and communication with parents, co-workers and students.
- Assist staff with keeping all appropriate records such as records, attendance and time sheets.
- Understand and follow Department of Family Services (DFS) licensing requirements, follow CDC policy and be subject to and respect the confidentiality of all aspects of the program.